Friday, May 7, 2010

Time for a Revamp

I am currently overhauling my poker game. The past couple of months haven't been that great. I'm losing big pots and winning small ones. Variance? Maybe. Leaks? Probably. As a result, I'm not only studying 2+2 posts more, but also REPLYING to them and joining in on the discussions. This has made a world of difference for me. It's easy to read something and say, "Yeah, that makes sense, I would do the same thing." However, it wasn't until I started posting my own thoughts that I realized I wasn't considering many factors that I should be considering while involved in a hand. I only thought I was. Instead, I've been playing my same old robotic style of poker that isn't as malleable as it needs to be.

Poker players are getting better. Much better. And very quickly. I've been learning that the hard way. If I want to keep up, I'll have to get better with them. The first step is knowing you have a problem.

I'll be playing in one tournament in Vegas this year, and, no, it's not the WSOP again. As I mentioned, I haven't exactly been fattening my bankroll of late, and I just can't fund another run-in with Phil. Shame, I know. Instead I'll be playing in the bobo, off-brand series, the prestigious Venetian Deepstack Extravaganza!! And I'm only going to Vegas because we have a wedding to attend there. The $340 entry fee is much more my speed right now, especially given my recent purchases (house, car). So now I have a short term goal--revamp my game over the next month and see how deep I can go in this thing on June 4th. Final table would be sweet!

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment